Thursday, October 11, 2007

Weekly 1:6 Blog

Seems like 1:6 groups went pretty well . . . at least with those who I have talked with. Dean seemed pleased with the number of people who showed up . . . Aaron was excited (He usually is) with how his group went . . . We had some good discussions in my group . . .

I want to emphasize how important the announcements and prayer requests are that I will be sending out on the Thursdays before 1:6. We need to keep everyone updated and informed as much as possible. Also, if there are prayer requests from your group that can be shared with the pastoral team you could comment on the blog, email them to us or get them to us in another timely matter.

Three things from last week that I think we need to emphasize is

1. The "Pastor" is the ADMINISTRATOR; the member are the MINISTERS
2. Ministry is using whatever God has given me to serve him and the needs of others
3. God wants to use me to help the church grow.

If you could remind your group about these three things weekly, that would be great.

Today I am working on getting the Student syllabus for week two in your mailboxes. I plan to do week three next Thursday so we will be a week ahead. I will do "crowd breaker questions" next Thursday.

Please let me know how your group went this past week.

I would like to get together again on Sunday November 4 at 8:45 AM in the church office. Let me know if that will NOT work for you.

No comments: