Thursday, November 8, 2007

Weekly 1:6 Blog B

Three things we continually need to emphasize:

1. The "Pastor" is the ADMINISTRATOR; the member are the MINISTERS
2. Ministry is using whatever God has given me to serve him and the needsof others
3. God wants to use me to help the church grow.

The next 1:6 group night is November 25.

Remember we have 4 more 1:6 weeks (including this week, Nov. 11) and only 3 more lessons. Let me know if you need any ideas for the extra week.

Don't forget about the small group teleconference, November 14 @ 4 PM EST. Click HERE for more information. Please let me know if you would like to listen with me.

The Deacons have been working on job descriptions for all the ministries in the church. If they are done in time, we will distribute them to the small groups (and throughout the church) so people can get an idea about some ministry areas that need to be filled.

Dean was planning to send me a "Spiritual Gifts Analysis Test" and as soon as I get it, I will pass it on to you. It might be a tool you can use for that 6th week?

We are looking for ideas for topics for the next 1:6 session meeting in the Winter/Spring. If you could, take an informal survey to see what people would like to study. We may or may not use them. But, it would give us an idea about what people are interested in.

No comments: