Thursday, November 29, 2007

Weekly 1:6 Blog - Nov 29

The S.H.A.P.E. forms are in your mailbox. These forms should be filled out by those who would like to be involved in the ministry of the church somewhere. Actually, everyone should fill one out if possible. Take some time to go over each section. There is a bunch of information in the teaching section with suggestions, etc. for your help with this. I don't expect this to be quick. But I hope it will begin to help people get a sense of what they should be doing and what can be done. We would like to get everyones form back after December 16. You could put them in the mailbox above mine at church.

Week #5 lesson is in your mailbox.

It might be possible to have a copy or copies of all the offices and committees in your mailboxes by Sunday as well. No guarantee.

Hopefully everyone got an email with a spiritual gifts analysis attached. Let me know if you would like copies of that made. Some don't but some of you might, so get back to me if you want some and how many. There are a lot of other good "tests" available. Don't be afraid to use something else. Also, remember to let everyone know that this is a tool - one help in determining what gifts God has given. It isn't exact. There is more information in the teaching section for spiritual gifts as well.

We meet this Sunday and December 16 as well. Week #5 is the last "lesson". I think there is plenty of information for a 6th week if you want more discussion. With the spiritual gifts and S.H.A.P.E. "tools" available, you could do those.

We STILL (arrrggghhh) haven't finalized plans for the spring 1:6 session. I am hoping that today Paul and I can get together - it will depend how long his appointments take. Please know that it is being considered.

I know this is a busy time of year, but I would like to get together for breakfast at Cruisers on Saturday, December 8 around 7:30 AM. This will give Pastor Paul and Aaron both the opportunity to be involved in the discussion. This isn't 100% but I want to finalize this on Sunday so please check your calendars and let me know, either way, (just add a comment on here or email me) so I can make plans. Also, I have to contact the owner of Cruiser's to make sure if that would be okay with him. haha

No comments: